Sunday, July 16, 2006

Where is home?

People coming from different walks of life would have different views on this, some would say home is where you were born, home is where you want to grow old, everywhere is home, and home is where your loved ones are. The last one is just partially true.

Just to make a clarification a house is not a home. It also does not mean that if your family members are there then it is home or it's because you are too attached to a place then it is home. Home is a place where you can find peace of mind, safety and for others, a sort of comfort zone. But is this really what it is?

I have been out of the country for almost two years now, first few days I was away, I almost gave up and went back home (this is because of comfort zone, family and the one I love). But there are some things that you have to do in order to know how far you can really go. If I quit once then I can always tell myself that I did it before and I can do it again but there will always be a thought that will haunt you, what if I did not quit? Also, remember by doing this there might be some consequences that might come along. I was able to overcome homesickness, partially, but in a very hard way. Sometimes you are deceived by the feeling of being happy since there are always friends and people around you. You tend to divert yourself to them so you can just ride with them and take away the lonely feeling. But reality is, at the end of the day you still feel lonely and empty. Worse thing that can happen to you is loosing a love one along the way, part of the consequence, you will not be able to imagine how hard it is just to cope on a daily basis. Having experience this, it will make you a stronger and better person. Things that you take for granted or not so important will suddenly be what you are living for. I can say that I matured a lot, personally and professionally, over this period of time and I am really thankful that I was given the opportunity but always remember that there is no such thing as a perfect life. Sometimes faith will just play with you and suddenly you will feel that you are the lowest of what you are. When this time comes you always, always have to look deep and know where home is.

Given that, for me home is where your heart belongs or who is inside your heart giving you strength to continue and your sense of security, it really doesn't matter where you are as long as you are with the one you love and you have him or her or them in your heart. Not being a hypocrite, yes, I miss home but as I said what is home without the one who gives you the feeling of fulfilment and sense of security?

People would aks me if I miss home, a year ago I would always say yes but now I do not even know where home is... I guess this is another chapter of my life that I have to find and write. Hopefully, one of these days, I will be writing good, happy and sensible things which I can share with everyone reading this and dedicte them to the one I truly love.

---------------------------

Home
by Michael Buble

Another summer day
has come and gone away
In Paris or Rome...
but I wanna go home...
uhm Home

May be surrounded by
a million people I
still feel all alone
just wanna go home
I miss you, you know

And I've been keeping all the letters
that I wrote to you,
Each one a line or two
I'm fine baby, how are you?

I would send them but I know that it's just not enough
My words were cold and flat
And you deserve more than that

Another aeroplane, another sunny place,
I'm lucky I know
but I wanna go home
I got to go home

Let me go home
I'm just too far from where you are
I wanna come home

And I feel just like I'm living
someone else's life
It's like I just stepped outside
when everything was going right

And I know just why you could not come along with me
This was not your dreambut you always believed in me...

Another winter day
Has come and gone away
in either Paris or Rome
and I wanna go home
Let me go home

And I'm surrounded by
A million people I
still feel alone
Let me go home
I miss you , you know

Let me go home
I've had my run
baby I'm done
I gotta go home

Let me go home
it'll all be alright
I'll be home tonight
I'm coming back home"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home